Friday, January 24, 2014

The Long Winter

I know, I know. It's supposed to be cold during the winter months. There's supposed to be snow on the ground, icicles hanging on the eaves, and wind chill that takes the temps below zero. Way. Below. Zero. But you know what? I've had enough.

I usually try to look on the bright side. But c'mon! Week after week of temperatures nearing 25 one day, and then dipping back down to subzero for another three or more days? Since December?? Are you kidding me??! Enough with the indecisiveness, Mother Nature! *looks up at the sky and shakes fist in the air -- like that's going to help*

Yeah, I know. At least I have a warm house and means to buy food. At least my coat and boots keep me warm when I'm out and about running errands. At least through all of this -- days with strong winds and blizzards -- our city has never lost power. But still, couldn't we have a repeat of 2012 when our winter didn't even show up until Jan. 11? Please????? Going back and forth between "normal" cold and Antarctica cold is getting a tad bit tiresome -- even though I still do get a kick out of it when my nostril hairs freeze. ;-)

*sigh*

Well, at least these guys are heading to the Super Bowl:


WOOHOO!


And this woman will be singing the National Anthem:

 photo 15adea5f-3503-449f-9e52-83dd17805bb2_zps28ff2304.jpg


(Yeah, I'm a little bit of a fan. ;-) )

And then, of course, there's this ...



... and my two favorite winter sports: Curling and ice hockey. ;-)

OK, I guess this winter isn't that bad ...




Nah. It is. ;-)



post signature

2 comments:

Mari said...

So true! I was actually just working on a similar post about how sick I am of this. Right now everything is shutting down (again) because we have blizzard conditions expected this afternoon and tomorrow. And (again) I have to make it to work in the morning. Can't wait for Spring!
I'm looking forward to the Olympics too.:)

Momma Roar said...

Our normal winter temps are not nearly as low as yours, but I, too, am getting tired of the cold.

I'm thankful I can, for the most part, stay tucked in and cozy in our house. But my husband's absence for work emergencies (frozen water lines) and snow plowing during non-business hours is doing me in!

Come on, spring!